Monday 20 February 2012

32 weeks pregnant with Twins - 32 Week scan

32 weeks



Well everything went fine, Twin 1 very low so wasn't able to get many of her measurements. Twin 2 however was breech extended which I was quite shocked about as yesterday I was sure he was still head down (guess he could have moved during the night) I'm hoping he does turn but will just have to see, I know it's common for twin 2 to be breech and delivery should be ok but I would feel much happier if he was head down. So fingers crossed he has by 36 week scan.

Twin 2 was coming in at 3lb 6 and there was no weight guess with Twin 1 due to her position but it's likely shes around that or more :)

I had a weird moment with the consultant, I wasn't actually intending to see him and had told the receptionist that I still would like my urine checked etc but I didn't want to see a consultant unless I needed to. So was taken to the room, bp checked and off she went with my wee. Next moment in comes the consultant! ( a different one again ) I felt quite pissed at this point and felt like I just been forced into seeing him (although I don't think it was their intention). I caught a glimpse of the last consultants write up about my wish for a home birth and that I needed telling that it's not supported (which he started to talk about after I had read this) again it was just the same old stuff and then said he wants to see me after 36 week scan to discuss my birth options in hospital which by the way will be monitored, epidural and that's basically what they do end of type attitude. By this point I just shut off, he wrote out a green note for scan and then a letter to book me in to see a consultant again.

He clearly wasn't going to listen so I just said nothing, walked to the desk and gave her the green slip to book the scan........ I got outside and realised that I may have forgotten to do something else, I still can't quite remember what it was.......shame.

If all goes well next time that will be my last visit to the hospital I think unless I manage to miraculously get past 38 weeks, when the consultant seems to think he's inducing me (fat chance!) then I think I will look into having some sort of closer monitoring but not sure about more scans as think there are too many as it is. We will just see!

I haven't got much more to update on other than I feel like a whale and I'm now bigger than I was with the girls....... but it's all good ;-/ (I'm actually counting down the days now!)

Natasha x



No comments:

Post a Comment