Thursday 2 February 2012

Letter from the Head of Midwifery

Sorry for the delay in updating, as some of you will know (who follow the FB page) that I received a letter from the Head of Midwifery in reply to what I wrote to her around the 15th Jan.

Well the letter is lovely! S (we will call her S, I'm not 100% on putting her name on the net) said that she was sorry that some comments I received (from the consultants *cough) felt so negative. She said she would like to support me and my family in making a choice that was right for us and if I decide it's the right decision then they will support that :)

S has said that when a home birth is requested against advice, a chat with the Supervisor of Midwives in my home (which I think will happen around 36 weeks) will be arranged. As she has experience with Twin home birth she said she would be there to support the team if I decided to continue with the Home birth.

The letter was finished with her offering further support if I need it.

I'm very very happy with this and feel even more hopeful that it's actually going to happen. I know I will have the support which is such a huge weight off my mind.

Yey!

Natasha

1 comment:

  1. fabulous news.....what a relief for you!!
    G xx

    ReplyDelete