Tuesday 10 January 2012

26 weeks pregnant with Twins - Heartburn Hell!


26 weeks Twin Pregnancy



Wow it's my last week in the 2nd trimester!

I've been looking forward to this part of pregnancy. Mainly down to the fact that I knew I would feel and know babies were doing well by this point in time, chance of miscarriage has gone right down and I was kinda hoping I would feel a lot more confident about giving birth at home by now too. Well I can tick that one! because I really do feel confident and everything seems to be falling into place nicely, although I'm sure when I see the consultant he wont be thinking the same thing :).......... oh well.

I met my new midwife and I'm very happy! I felt very comfortable with her. We discussed the homebirth and she said that basically they have to make sure I know the risks etc and as long as I am comfortable and it's where I feel happier giving birth then they have to support my decision. This of course was the total opposite of the consultants views, it will certainly be an interesting conversation when he see what the Midwife has wrote in my green notes about me pursuing a homebirth......... fly on the wall anyone?

I have said though that if at any point before or during labour (needed to be transferred) I have any doubt or don't 'feel' right I wouldn't hesitate to have them in hospital, it would be stupid not to! But as it stands knowing I could be giving birth to our babies in a pool in the kitchen gives me a total sense of relief and calm feelings. So while I have them, I'm hopeful of getting to term and having a homebirth.

Oh and what the heck! (much stronger language was going to be used) heartburn anyone?! God it's awful! It's been nearly every night I've had it now. The burning and acid in my throat is so horrible and I thought I had it bad in the girls pregnancies! Not an inch on it!

Suffice to say the gavi is coming straight out of a bottle in the early hours of the night!

I have ordered a maternity support belt and hopefully it should come this week. My MW let me borrow one she had and it's certainly what I need! I can see how it would support me and I'm hoping will keep me mobile towards the end.
I can't sit for too long, it would drive me insane! I will update about it when it comes :)

We are also really unsure (mainly me) on names for them, I just can't find anything I like or feel comfortable with. So I really will be waiting to decide until they are born now, I hope we can find one we want when they are here.

Oh and the "oh my god I'm having twins!" keeps hitting me, and it really does HIT you! Two babies at the same time..... mind blowing!
I feel blessed and totally crapping myself at the same time, but I guess even when they are here it's not going to sink in for awhile!

Right I will update again soon with belt news. :)

Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment