Sunday 22 January 2012

27 weeks 6 days Twins ~ Maternity Support Belt ~


Right so firstly before I talk about general Twin pregnancy stuff, I just wanted to write a review on the support belt I bought.

This is the belt on (excuse the messy floor, the girls decided they wanted ALL the toys out there and then!)
And this is it with my top over.

As you can see you can't really tell I'm wearing one, it's also quite comfortable but I wouldn't keep it on all day, just for walking. It's not that comfortable when I lay on the couch or sit on my ball, but that's fine as I want it for walking.

I have worn it 3 or 4 times now, and have noticed quite a difference when walking. My pelvis seemed to hurt less and there was less 'achiness' all round.

Only issue I seem to have now is sciatica, getting off the sofa (which I hardly sit on now) then putting my foot down sends those shooting pains right up my leg and bum and I can't walk for a few seconds. I also experienced it in town quite badly while walking and ended up with one very sore lower bump too (was walking a bit fast) so now I think I better slow down.

I feel like I'm barely doing that much as it is, it's getting me down that I can't put out washing without aching or feeling like I can't breathe because of braxton hicks! Yes while I'm on the subject they are quite frequent again, they aren't painful but when I have them I feel like I have lost my breath! It's a very strange sensation and I don't like it!! I get it worse when I lay on my left side too. I have asked doctor death Google and it seems many women experience this too. So I'm not worried.

Back to the belt! Yes I would recommend women using these, particularly women who are carrying multiples. I'm sure I will be reporting some more about it as the pregnancy progresses and I become a beach ball on a toothpick :-D


Well I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable, I had a go at measuring and my fundal height came out at 35cms. It made me eeek a little and I did it again to check and it was the same. My god I'm going to get huge!

I get to find out tomorrow if my body is working well as its growth scan day and consultant appointment after. I'm looking forward to seeing their growth but would rather skip him after, I just know there is going to be some comments made about my choice of birth place, well likely to be more than comments I have a feeling he's going to be quite rude. Not only this but he is going to look a bit of a twit anyway as he made it very clear last time that I would not get the support off NHS staff, I wouldn't find it. Well he was wrong, I did! and he will see in my green notes that I am perusing with the Home birth (while all is well of course).

So I'm feeling a little nervous about that, if he does become an ass I will stop seeing him until I need too.

I was going to write a bit more today but my ribs are aching and a vanilla slice is calling me (after I have eaten an apple........ *cough) but I will try and update tomorrow after seeing the babies :)

Natasha x



2 comments:

  1. All the information are really nice this is very valuable information for all. Thanks for sharing such amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a good view. I came upon your post and I absolutely love this idea and can't wait to start to make my own! Pregnancy support belt must be comfort for new moms. Thanks for sharing amazing post.

    ReplyDelete