Saturday 22 October 2011

14 weeks 5 days ~ Pregnant with Twins

14 weeks


I haven't been on much lately as my mind has been else where but here is a 14 week picture I took.
I am in shock at how big I am already and compared this pic with my pictures from when I was pregnant with Charlotte and I am bigger then I was at 18 weeks with her.

My uterus is at my tummy button now and from what I remember it was just above my pubic bone at this stage in my singleton pregnancies.
The growth rate is amazing. Every evening I listen to them both before going to sleep, they are either side of my tummy button, they both kick and move about (it sounds like a microphone being kicked) Olivia loves having a listen and often tells them off for kicking as she 'doesn't like the banging noise'.


Along with the ever expanding bump I am already walking differently, my pelvis really aches after short distances and if I sit for long periods I cease up! I think I should talk to the midwife but I can only get hold of her on a Thursday morning. I guess I should just book an appointment, but shes flaming miles away (not able to see her at GP's) and it's not on a direct bus route........... gahhhhh! it's frustrating! But I will do it.
I hope it passes as I am sure its just from the relaxing of the ligaments etc.


I have been thinking about the scan.
Although I am really excited about having the 20 week scan I am nervous for a few reasons.
I am obviously concerned about their well being, they did look good at the 12 week scan but more can be seen at 20 weeks and I just hope they are BOTH growing well, I had this with the girls but there was only 1 to worry about!
I'm also quite nervous about finding out the sex, Yes I will be happy with girls again of course but I am yearning for a little boy and having two babies is increasing the odds a little more for me, silly really but it is on my mind, I just want it over with and I can concentrate and focus on my new baby girl and boy..... or girls and boys!!

I've come up with a plan to ensure I am more likely to get the names I want. We are not going to decide until birth (he doesn't know yet......... whoops!) and in the moment of high emotions I will suggest the names I would like then.........sneaky but it's more likely to work and to be honest I will already have a feeling of what will suit them before hand. We picked Olivia's name quite early and Charlotte's the night before the scan ,I just knew I was having a girl right at that moment and the name was just plucked out of know where as I never had that name in my mind before I said it (very strange!).
This time (I am not going to say the names yet as I am not 100%) I currently have a boy and girl name in mind and feel very comfortable with them, so I am wondering if this is a sign.......... could be WELL off the mark of course and be surprised with same sex twins but will just have to see :)



I have been thinking more about the birth and have decided that I should do more than one birth plan (well integrated still I guess) to just cover the possible and likely scenarios for peace of mind and that I am going to get some say in my own Twin birth.

I'm not necessarily going to say how I want each birth more what I would like to happen and just make clear my intentions are for a natural birth.

If they come after 37 weeks providing they have both been well throughout pregnancy and are in good positions I will be pushing for a Home birth (as explained before).
But if they come before of course hospital birth it will be but I will be still opting for minimal intervention unless needed.

I am both looking forward to the consultant appointment and slightly nerved, I don't like confrontation but as this hospital is very 'medical managed birth' I am likely to be faced with it. I will be continuing my research on it and using this when needed, but I wish I didn't have to. Of course in lots of births things go wrong but not all do and I understand I am an increased risk but I need to birth them as I feel is best and a consultant/hospital should respect what an informed parent wants........ that will be the day.

Well I am off for now but will update again very soon.... much sooner than before! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment