Monday 5 December 2011

21 weeks Pregnant with twins ~ No more after this!






Still feeling on quite a high at the moment from finding out we are lucky enough to be having one of each. I will however be asking at our next scan on the 30th (being scanned every 4 weeks) to check just in case! Although she seemed pretty certain. It just feels so surreal to be having a boy, I will have 3 girls and 1 boy. I am so excited!

We have also come to the decision (and will be made final after birth) that OH is going to get the snip. I don't want anymore children. It feels strange to say this but I feel comfortable with that thought, being only 25 it might seem a little early to be thinking that but OH is 31 and feels as done as I do. I will have 4 children before I'm 26, a stomach apron and will be wearing enough of my heart on my sleeve for the rest of my life!

So yes this will be my last pregnancy, which is a sad thought but I feel so very lucky to be sharing my last with two babies :)

They are both still head down which I can tell by movement and their heartbeats are very low down.
I'm sure our girly is still deep in my pelvis (sonographer pointed this out as she found it difficult getting measurements) and I can imagine them both in this position (cue very bad paint drawing!)

I think they are facing each other and more towards my back, both placentas are high and on the back too. On the scan it looked like one massive placenta so I'm expecting a fused placenta to give birth too that I have read can occur.

Placenta encapsulation is still on the cards too, I am going to really start looking into it properly as I think we are going to do it ourselves unless we can magic up some money (around £100 or so). The health benefits seem great, and it's just such an easy way to consume too (couldn't imagine cooking it and then eating it.......... no thanks!)
I really want to get a print of the placenta too, I am feeling quite mother earthy type at the moment and having read about the 'hippy' mums doing it all over the world I want to do it too! although they are not all 'hippy' I know ;-) but again it's my last pregnancy and birth I want to experience as much as I can :)



I have been thinking more and more about the homebirth, I am starting to feel more and more determined to get to term. I was reading Mary Cronks Twin guidelines http://www.homebirth.org.uk/marycronk/marytwins.htm and keeping a good diet is something I do aim to try and do (with success most days!) and then following a small amount of the Spinning babies guidelines and keeping good posture making sure I sit correctly and use my tummy like a hammock (not sure how well I will be keeping up with that when I am near the end........) http://spinningbabies.com/spinning-babies-and/twins
But I think all I can do is try my best and at least I know I have done all I could to grow them.

Will update when I have more news on the homebirth front. Still got lots of info whizzing round so will have to offload soon!


Natasha







No comments:

Post a Comment