Wednesday 28 December 2011

Twin Pregnancy - 24 weeks- Home water birth here we come!


23 weeks 24 weeks





So after many weeks of illness, stress, birthdays and Christmas...... I am back and have more time now to update!

I contacted a local'ish IM (Independent Midwife) as after the consultation I knew then that searching for support was and is my only option.
I was told to get in touch with Jane Evans by another local IM as she has had Twin birth experience. I needed to know all my options and explore what I could, although affording one is questionable right now it's an avenue I needed to look at.

Well how pleased was I when I spoke to Jane! She was wonderful, very very informative, wise and you could hear the confidence in her voice. I was talking to someone with the complete opposite views of the consultant but it just felt so very right and comfortable, like I was talking to someone with complete sense!

She gave me great advice about diet and getting the babies to term and that if I am unable to get support from the NHS (will go into in a sec) then we would certainly be able to work something out. Massive weight lifted!

Now I have been told the new head of midwifery starting in Jan has facilitated a Twin homebirth under the NHS (not too long ago and of course went wonderfully :) )
I might be able to get her to help me, I am going to set up a meeting with her hopefully very soon (fingers crossed).

I have also found a new lovely midwife.... well I haven't met her yet but I have heard lovely things about her and tomorrow will be setting up an appointment with her. She asked me to book a double appointment as there's quite a bit to chat about so I am really excited!

The babies seem to be doing well, I have another scan on the 30th Dec 11, I am hoping my extra eating will have made them catch up and be closer to their gestation. I am not going to stress about it (as it wont help!) but I am really going to aim to get them matching with their current week and each other. Fingers crossed I will deliver two healthy 6lb + babies (at least!) after 37 weeks! (Lottie was 6lbs at 37 weeks so I think this is doable!)
I have been visualising the birth happening in water in my kitchen, I can see it and it's really helping me focus and not feel so worried about it all. It feels pretty daunting sometimes and I feel this will be quite an experience!

Well hopefully by next week I will have an appointment and some news from the scan.

Natasha x






No comments:

Post a Comment